We are looking for a Director of Service to lead our service department. The job is to manage a team of six or more people, including inside and field services. You will be leading the team and jump in where needed, including on the phone and in the field.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing an inside team along with an outside team of service technicians and installers.
- Receive incoming calls and emails when needed.
- Help solve issues where possible and refer others to the right support specialist.
- Be comfortable with managing issues and conflict resolution with customers through clear communication and through addressing concerns, questions, and/or problems expediently.
- Maintain complete, accurate, and updated information in the customer database.
- Track and follow up on cases until they are resolved.
- Work with the Co-service manager on scheduling service and installations.
- Although this is not a traveling position, travel will be required occasionally if something urgent comes up.
- Work on warranty-related items and approve or disapprove claims.
The right person will seek to consistently provide a high-quality customer experience; have great communication and people skills, and build a thorough understanding of our products. The team is expected to grow significantly under this person’s leadership. The position has significant room to grow.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
The successful candidate will combine great people skills with a thorough technical understanding of our products and a drive to provide consistently good customer service.
- Experience managing a service team.
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Reliable, organized, detailed, and focused.
- Knowledge of refrigeration assembly and heat pump system operations is helpful.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and CRM systems
- A High School Diploma or GED is required; an associate in refrigeration or a related technical field is preferred.
The job is based in Brewer, Maine.
What’s in it for you?
- This is a long-term position with an opportunity for growth.
- Competitive compensation
- Paid time off: Vacation days; Holidays; Sick days.
- Benefits: Medical; Dental; Employer Matching 401(k), Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance.